Johnny's Latest Videos

14 December 2007

Johnny's Definitive List of the Top 181 Bands in the World For 2007

As you well know, I'm interested in metal. I'm also very interested in numbers. (I'm interested in a lot of other things too, but I couldn't figure out how to add baseball to this mix.)

This is the season in which everyone gets overserved at the family Hanukkah party, has a fist fight with their dad, and recounts the top however many whatevers for the year in the form of lists of all sorts. So in the spirit of the season, I present to you A DEFINITIVE LIST OF THE TOP 181 BANDS IN THE WORLD FOR 2007. Take that, dad!

I took a poll on a some online forums and tallied over 2000 votes all by myself, using a spreadsheet that is very accurate. Numbers don't lie, and liars are innumerable. Wherever there was a tie, I took the initiative to decide who was more popular.
I will start at the bottom and go 25 at a time over the course of the next week. I've included links to Amazon and iTunes in case you want to relive old times or hear some new bands for the very first time.


Let's rock this.

No comments: